Sunday, August 24, 2008

your love will one day fade

Conocí esta banda gracias a un amigo de myspace que nunca en mi vida he conocido y poco hablamos, pero de vez en cuando me dejaba algún video de una canción fina :) una vez me dejó una canción que me gusta mucho que postearé algún día que se llama "Wraith Pinned To The Mist & Other Games", es muy fina :) de esa salió el título de mi primer post en este blog :p

Me gustó bastante la canción y en otra ocasión me dejó otra que se llama "Requiem for OMM2" y bueno, de ahí busqué un poco más de la banda y mi hermana me bajó los CDs y no es que todas las canciones me gusten pero son finos.

Esta es una de mis favoritas de este grupo... me gusta mucho esta canción




Title: Sing You a Love You Song
Artist: Of Montreal
Album: The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy (1998)

Before the laughter and the cheer
Dissolves into his memory
Taste of vodka on his lips
And thoughts of murder and doom
As her eyes appeared to bloom
He wanted to touch them
But was afraid
She might be taken aback
Then what would he say?

They walked to the garden in the park
When it was empty after dark
Then spread out a blanket
And laid down and a voice said
"No one else could hear"
He whispered in here ear

"Although, I can't sing it now, be still
'Cause some day, baby I will
Sing you a love you song"

She rolled over and a kiss
Laid softly on his chin and said
"You know maybe there's a chance
That your feelings you've mistook
Or have presently overlooked
You say you don't love me
But yet, perhaps you just forget
That you do"

He said "That I love you, please, believe
The only matter of concern
Is that your love will one day fade
If that should happen, I would die
And that's the reason why

I know I can't sing it now but be still
'Cause some day, baby I will
Sing you a love you song"

She said, "How could you question
When the root of my affection is so plain and obvious?
It grew from the overwhelming pleasure
Of just being near you
And now you bring in doubts
And they are smothering our love"

2 comments:

Edilma said...

Of Montreal es una banda fina, pero un poco dementes jajajajaja :P

vmag said...

jajajajaja un poco :p